The SSP Technology
The SSP Floaters design falls within the category of round shaped “omni-directional” floating platforms. The key distinguishing feature of the SSP is that our vessels do not need to weathervane so they do not require turrets or swivels.
The hydrodynamic properties of the SSP design are consistent irrespective of the direction of waves and currents, resulting in superb low motion responses in all degrees of freedom.
Another key design characteristic of the SSP design is that they do not need a dry-dock for construction and can therefore be built in many countries where “offshore fabrication” shipyards do not exist. SSP’s can be built in any A1 rated fabrication facility.
- Excellent motion characteristics.
- No turret mooring or swivel needed.
- Inherently stable (excellent candidate for FLNG solution).
- Capable of holding significantly higher payloads.
- Greater fabrication flexibility.
- Safer marine operation and easier maintenance.
- Accommodates a variety of riser systems.
- Significant flexibility in landing and spacing risers.
- Unique double hull and added mass improves safety and motion performance.
- Simple modular block construction.
- Topside capacity in excess of 20,000 MT.
- Can remain permanently moored on location during extreme/harsh sea conditions.
- Significant CAPEX/OPEX savings compared to other applications.
The number 320 in the SSP name refers to the hull deck diameter in feet. Our SSP320 units are 320ft (98m) in diameter. All SSP units are “scalable”. The SSP designs are optimized for efficiency of construction, minimizing weight compared to storage capacity and minimizing pitch and roll motions in all environments with or without any active ballast system depending on dry or wet tree application.
The simplicity and efficiency management of the SSP floating platform design lends itself to a variety of other offshore applications. The superior motions of the SSP Plus compared to all other floating storage solutions in the market today combined with the geometric configuration of the circular hull design make the SSP Plus design an exceptional platform for floating LNG applications.
The circular design also lends itself for harsher conditions as the SSP vessels can be winterized and made-ready for arctic conditions.
SSP Well Test and Early Production Unit
The SSP is a hybrid floating production unit with capabilities that go above and beyond any other type of unit available today. As an Early Production Unit, the SSP can enhance reservoir knowledge and be available for immediate use as a well containment vessel.